Saturday, November 12, 2005

Official, a matter of scientific record: the best chat-up line in the world

A little quiz for you. Imagine you're a single woman and a man approaches you with these words: "It's hot today, isn't it? It's the best weather when you are training for a marathon." Should you, a) Smile kindly and assume that he is involved in some kind of care-in-the-community situation; b) Ignore the loser because he is making a rubbish pass at you; c) Be impressed and flattered. He has repeated the exact wording of the official best chat-up line of the modern age.


The answer, apparently, is C.

Full article here.

7 comments:

Solveig said...

Pickup lines just seem so lazy. Reusable blather with no effort. It takes more imagination to actually observe something about me that might be interesting to talk about, and ask me about that.

Or of course the guy could get out of the bar and meet me at, say, an actual running training class or something.

Dawn - Pink Chick said...

I rather like the line myself and if I was single, I think I would rather meet a fellow runner out there somewhere then be chatted up by some half drunk guy in the bar.

The Lowe said...

And if you weren't impressed with the guy: d) Let's see you do your long run then. In the opposite direction!

The Lowe said...

See Riona? I do comment.

Tricia said...

I'll second what Dawn said, and then compare marathon times, just to be sure that he's legit. ;)

Riona said...

I'd also question if he was a real marathoner. Hot weather is NOT best!

Scott in Washington said...

I can't imagine why anyone would want to read a book like that, much less write one.

M.A.C.K. Attack? Lame.

I'm not sure I believe in pick-up lines. Do real people actually really do that?