From the even-cooler-than-I-thought Trish:
1. What's for breakfast?
Sometimes I miss the days when breakfast was a Diet Coke and a Marlboro Lite behind the wheel of the car. I'm ashamed to say that these days it's often just a Diet Coke, but I do have porridge sometimes. Mmm with dried cranberries.
2. Do you read a newspaper daily? More shame! I subscribe to the Irish Times online. I read MSNBC, but not always the newsy bits. I read pretty much everything in Slate. But no, I don't read a proper newspaper daily. Most of the rest of my news I get from NPR.
3. What do you do when you can't sleep?
Fret. Twitch. See #1.
4. Say a word that sums up your mood.
Currently a bit stressed. Almost always happy.
5. Do you remember your dreams?
I've been having bizarrely detailed dreams recently. I'm discussing Iraq with Gloria Steinem (I come out of the discussion badly - see #2).
6. Name something from your dream last night.
But no dreams last night. We're in Cupertino, visiting P's dad.
7. Name a food that describes you.
Irish stew: a bit different each time, unpredictable (or predictable in certain ways); a random mix of various things.
8. Today you are wearing:
Right now: sweaty orange running shorts, shirt, Asics Gel Nimbus.
9. What's in your pockets?
10. Did you sing in the shower today?
Haven't showered yet - I'm blogging while I wait for it to be free. But I usually do sing in the shower, and lately it's usually John Spillane's The Dunnes Stores Girl. That won't mean much to anybody who isn't Irish or who doesn't live in our house.
11. What's the last song you heard? See #10, sung by P in the shower. Round here we're all about the Dunnes Stores Girl.
12. Looking forward to the holidays? Yes!
13. Where do you want to be this instant?
In the shower. I came back from my run a little while ago, and I suspect that I'm beginning to smell.
14. What's for lunch? I hope dim sum! We're going into San Francisco, one of my very favorite cities, just as soon as I have sluiced off the worst of the dirt and gotten dressed. Later on, we're going to Teatro Zinzanni. It's P's birthday!
15. What's something you would like to do soon? Start knitting Alice Starmore's Inishmore design. I'm waiting for the yarn to arrive.
16. Reading anything now? What is it? Steven Pinker's The Blank Slate: The Modern Denial of Human Nature.
17. What's for dinner? That's up to Teatro Zinzanni.
18. A favorite part of the day is: Hanging out at home with our ritual huge pot of rooibos tea, a cat on each lap. Cooking dinner.
19. Are you happy? Yes. I'm a bit stressed out at work these days, but really I am the luckiest woman in the world. I have some great friends who mean the world to me, I love my wonderful man (who is celebrating his birthday today), we're planning our wedding, and we're lucky enough to have good jobs and a tiny mortgage, and therefore not too many worries. I love my life, and I am confident that it will only get better.
20. Will your friends do this meme? Very few of my real-life friends read my blog, so probably not - though Therese, I'm looking at you. Blogfriends: I hope so.